Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

4 wheeling in the Middle East

I had to take a little work trip over here to Saudi Arabia and the other day while driving through the desert I ran across this big sand dune with a bunch of people all over it. I had to stop for a minute and get a couple pictures. They were driving ATV's, trucks, and small cars up and down it :1946_headbanging: . Basically anything they could drive they were trying to get it up there :2261_high: . It was hilarious. They would get some of the little cars about half way up and the little front wheel drive would just dig itself down into the sand :D They would jump out, try pushing for awhile, try some digging, then get someone to pull them out. It was a nice break to watch them for a minute. I also stopped in Dubai on the way over here and checked out the Burj Dubai, the world's tallest building. That thing is huge!! Just thought I'd share a couple shots with y'all. I can't wait to get back home!

IMG00489-20100729-1650.jpg?t=1281048929

IMG00503-20100729-1715.jpg?t=1281048929

IMG00157-20100613-1633.jpg?t=1281048929

Edited by Fishinspot

How tall up is that sucker?

2,717 feet. :o

By contrast, One World Trade Center was 1,776 feet. :(

Burj Dubai's name was changed to Burj Khalifa in honor of the President of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, when the building was completed.

• 2 weeks later...