Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

46" Red Drum (Picture)

Nice Bull Rick:

Those are about the size we see on the bar every year glad you let it go those are the breeders, and God only will know what will happen to them here in the Gulf. I know that we are sending our sea turtle eggs out to the east coast for preservation you may end up sending us back young reds to replenish who knows, any way great fish

Big O

Jeff,,,You asked,

Do you use a slip sinker and a circle hook? Like a Carolina rig? Yes, I do

What size circle hook? How much leader? I use short shank 6/0 live bait hooks with 3' of 50 or 80lb mono leader.

I have never fished for reds but maybe one day.

Do you go after false albacore in the fall?I did years ago in Beaufort NC. I sold all of my fly stuff.