Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

PENNZOIL 100% SYNTHETIC 2 Cycle Oil

Those of you guys how use the PENNZOIL 100% SYNTHETIC 2 Cycle Oil ($23/gal) and used to buy from Walmart, noticed that they replaced it by the synthetic blend for $27/gal ? How convenient, less quality for higher price!

As far as I know synthetic burns slower, has a higher lubricity property than conventional oil and leaves less carbon reciduals. Never less to say in a two stroke scuffing from the piston and rings is a vital sing to the life of the engine, synthetic protects from this wear condition that eventualy happens but you can go for thousands of hours before you have to mess with it.

On Saturday July3rd, I went o a Bradenton local Walmart store to get me 3 gallons, they made the move to replace the oils. Later in the afternoon went to Kissimmee to visit family, went to another local store, found 2 other guys like me wondering why?

I tried to buy on line and not a whole lot of luck, the only place I saw was "The Oil Store" $66 - 3 gal/case

Has anyone bumped into this yet?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome,

302 Sacarab Sport

Twin 225 Evinrude Fitch Inj.

Totaly agree with you on that, not all oils are changing price, i think is a money game they play, so predictable as the 100% synthetic was $23 and one day they change, not one store, all of them for synthetic blens for $27. So far I found an Evinrude dealer in Largo that sells bulk synthetic $25/gal. By the way Mobil 1 is an excellent oil and you got a good price for the gal. WM has this Pennzoil Synt. but they want $35 for it.

For me just another reason not to set a foot in Walmart if I don't have to.