Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Change to some member names with 0 posts

I have made some updates to a few usernames who have 0 posts on the forum.

While it's certainly ok to join just to browse please note I've also been made aware that many users have not posted due to a login issue.

I have found an issue where members used a separate "login name" to their "display name" when registering.

To remedy this situation, over the next few days I will be manually changing members with 0 posts login name to what they selected as their display name - if they are in fact different. At that point when you login to reelboating.com you will use your display name and password.

When your login name is changed you will receive a notice by email. Sign in with this name and your original password.

IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE POSTER, HAVE 1 OR MORE POSTS, OR USERNAME AND LOGIN NAME ARE THE SAME YOU CAN IGNORE THIS MESSAGE AS NO CHANGE WILL BE MADE TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

Thank you for your patience in resolving this matter.

Wiley

While it's certainly ok to join just to browse please note I've also been made aware that many users have not posted due to a login issue.

I have found an issue where members used a separate "login name" to their "display name" when registering.

To remedy this situation, over the next few days I will be manually changing members with 0 posts login name to what they selected as their display name - if they are in fact different. At that point when you login to reelboating.com you will use your display name and password.

When your login name is changed you will receive a notice by email. Sign in with this name and your original password.

IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE POSTER, HAVE 1 OR MORE POSTS, OR USERNAME AND LOGIN NAME ARE THE SAME YOU CAN IGNORE THIS MESSAGE AS NO CHANGE WILL BE MADE TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

Wiley

Wiley,

I must object...oops, "Doesn't apply to me..."

BTW, why join a forum if you never post? 1)Somebody else had the same problem as you, and the members solved it. A polite thank you as a first post you might do. 2)Have nothing of use to offer to the members. Gee, never had an experience with your boat that some other member just described? 3)Bashful? The Internet, except for it's cookies, allows you complete anonomynity. 4) Lurking? We used to do that in the bars in Champaign...for girls!

So, all you non-posters, POST!!! :2261_high: :2261_high: :2261_high:

Edited by 250 Osprey

Wiley

Very new to the forum...I haven't had time to post or even surf. I hope to be more active in the future! Sorry.....so now you have my first post!

Edited by Anchor1

thanks wiley, asked as to why join and not post? sometimes if you are not logged in you don't get all fetures of a website, like pictures and such. but then why not join if the subject interests you, i have joined this site when it first started, just had nothing to say, i like reading and learning. i joined the prol;ine sites, participate a bit but not much, but i do enjoy what you Seabob and others write and am so glad to own the boat i do with the support i have gotten. so just because someone joins and never posts does not mean they are not participating, some are just good listeners/readers.

Bert

2000 19' Proline Sport looking for larger

Clearwater

thanks wiley, asked as to why join and not post? sometimes if you are not logged in you don't get all fetures of a website, like pictures and such. but then why not join if the subject interests you, i have joined this site when it first started, just had nothing to say, i like reading and learning. i joined the prol;ine sites, participate a bit but not much, but i do enjoy what you Seabob and others write and am so glad to own the boat i do with the support i have gotten. so just because someone joins and never posts does not mean they are not participating, some are just good listeners/readers.

Bert

2000 19' Proline Sport looking for larger

Clearwater

Bert,

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. That is great that Wiley's request/whatever you want to call it caused you to post!

This site needs more participation, particularly from the veteran members, the ones, including me, who post "over there"...

Bob C, AKA seabob4

Yes, I'm aware many will register and not post, that is fine.

What I was more concerned with was those who used unmatching display/login names and may have become confused trying to login... then simply gave up. Easy to do and I've since remedied this.

Anchor1, welcome and thansk for taking the time to post!