Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

TEXAS FISHING

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pouring lead all day yesterday for the snapper rigs, until the storms came through. I'm getting things ready and will post PICS later

Tim , this should/will be a fun trip and Matt and I get to meet NEW friends . I have some numbers that have produced in the past . If the weather works with us you sir will cleaning a BUNCH-O-FISH.

Give me a call anytime for directions to the house , we plan on leaving at 1PM on the 24th and it's about a 9-9.5 hr drive to POC. Matt has a BRAND NEW F250 crewcab LOADED for you to ride in , that thing has leather seats with butt warmers [ No Joke ] Nav system , back up cam and 4X4 plus everything else. Your back will like it .

Edited by welder

I been playing around with my jigs and have added Mylar tubing and left my tag tails a little longer on my hook. The reason I want to put my jigs in with the cigar minnows, so that will help to hold the smell of the minnows. Our snapper rigs pre made 60 Lb. 7 strand wire 4 oz.weight 8/0 circle hook 3X

post-1969-12766490366_thumb.jpg

post-1969-127664905487_thumb.jpg

post-1969-127664939207_thumb.jpg

post-1969-127664942087_thumb.jpg

:239_fishing: Now if the weather will be in are favor

Hey Tim

If you like to catch kings and happen run across a blue halo super trap, pick it up. Pull it short off the corner .. 30-40 ft.

Put it down first and if kings are in the area you won't have time to put another lure down.

I added a little midnight metallic blue paint to this one's back.

post-915-127706694044_thumb.jpg

Thanks Red I did not know that they worked for kings coming out of the left coast. I did know about the mechanics of the lure, and it should trigger a strike. But I had a feeling they would. That was my first king the other day I sent you a PIC of caught by me. And on one of my old salmon lures. One other in Fl. on a downrigger with a cigar minnow a friend of mine got it. I have only lived here a little over 4 years and only twice I have been offshore in the Gulf Fl. TX. The car wreck back in Nov.2008 below Houston looking at property to buy really slowed me down, now I'm just going for it. Being a ex commercial fisherman and a river guide. I feel confident that we will wack fish and thanks to you in helping me to do things right. We have a big weekend coming up down in Port O Connor with welder and others, 3 Boats so I have really prepared a lot of gear. Tim