Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Oil Slick

There is a lot of different stories out there here is one that the ocean or GOM is big and there is a lot of places out there to fish with no impact out of Venice (I've seen alot of talk on different forums about folks canceling trips to Venice in light of the oil spill. I've talked to some of these captains in the last couple of days and they are very worried about how this is going to affect thier lives. many of them have just taken delivery of new boats or are getting new motors installed and can't afford to lose business in this critical time. after a horrible winter weather-wise these guys are going to have to make thier money for the year in the next 4 months.

this is a terrible spill but the media is blowing it's size out of proportion. I talked to a captain who took a film crew to south pass yesterday and the is no oil there or tiger pass or red pass and 75% or more of the deepwater rigs are oil-free.

as far as lodging most captains can find you a place to stay whether it's thier place or somewhere else.

also please remember to only use full-time charter services. there are several part-time captains down here who have other means of income and are trying to pay off thier boats or just thought it would be cool to be a charter captain. these full-time captains only have one source of income and it is you! now is not the time to turn your backs on these guys!

Scott ) http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=274019

Offshore news from Venice Capteddie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this is what I know in Venice. I went to a meeting last night where thy announced that they shut down the east side of the river to inshore fishing. The offshore areas are all still open for tuna snapper wahoo etc. Please don't cancel your trips on account of this yet because all that will do is give us a double whammy. We need all the help we can. To reiterate all offshore areas off Venice are still open for fishing

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=273959

Thats some good news

Guys, let's get one thing straight. FISHING OFFSHORE IS STILL WIDE OPEN FROM SOUTH PASS OF

THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS. Captain Devlin with Reel Peace found huge schools

of pogy and herring in West Delta today and headed to the Tuna grounds. Anyone that cancels an offshore trip out of

Louisiana right now is crazy.