Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Sirius internet radio

Jeff,

Do you know if the internet service is still the same as it was before you paid?

I had the XM radio which was free to, but its not worth paying for.........unless its improved. We have 2 XM accounts and one sirrus.

Andy

I have XM also. It's in my vehicle. Does this apply to what your talking about? Is Sirius standard with the price you pay for XM?? :504_shrugging:

Thanks

Prio to today, all Sirius subscribers had the FREE option of logging in online to listen. They sent out warnings in the last few months leading up to the new policy of charging for it. I

Sim: 'm not sure if the service includes anything new that would be worth paying for. I would think it's the same.

Fishinspot: As far as I know it only applies to Sirius internet radio. Not sure what XM plans on doing, even though they merged I think things still stayed separate except the programming/channels.

Prio to today, all Sirius subscribers had the FREE option of logging in online to listen. They sent out warnings in the last few months leading up to the new policy of charging for it. I

Sim: 'm not sure if the service includes anything new that would be worth paying for. I would think it's the same.

Fishinspot: As far as I know it only applies to Sirius internet radio. Not sure what XM plans on doing, even though they merged I think things still stayed separate except the programming/channels.

Thanks Jeff :605_thumbs_up:

• 1 month later...

I agree, I have had Sirius for about 3+ years now. I got rid of it in early March 09 and got it back 2 weeks later because I hated FM radio. I do think they should let it be free on the internet especially for you guys who have 2+ radios. I know I won't pay for it. I'd like to see Sirius XM get a payment option where say you pick 50 stations for 7 or 8/month. Out of the 140 stations, I only listen to about 20 or less.

I have had the lifetime subscriber plan for $500 about 4 years now and I use a dock and play radio. With 2 docks in the house, each truck and the boat 1 radio covers all my needs. The way I see it after 4 years Sirius is now free and with a lifetime plan Sirius internet radio is still free. like bstnsportsfan I hate FM radio.