Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Staright Up Or Over

I had posted this on other forums before but never got a clear cut "best way" answer so let's see what teh ReelBoaters think.

I have a cat with twin outboards. They are linked with a liquid tie bar. I had lots of problems with them coming out of alignment. We think it was caused byu the tie bar valve bypassing fluid/pressure. I am replacing the valve before splashing this year and hopefully it cures it.

the boat stays in the water all season with motors trimmed up when not in use. I had been told I should point the straight and raise them up and leave them that way. The down side is I would show up a week later and one or both motors was leaning to one side and now I had to bleed the system again to get them right.

Si I am thinkign maybe I should steer them to one side and lift them and keep them that way. Maybe that will releive pressure and they wont be trying to fall one way or the other. They will be at rest and I "should" have no problems with them falling out of alignment. Or will I?

Whats the proper way to store the outboards? straight up or resting to one side?

granted there may be another issue a hand but I would think one way or the other will certainly help releive the problem. Maybe put less stress on a known weak part and it might last longer

Sorry about the mispellings but I posted and tried to edit but could not get the editor to work.

The boats like you have are known for that issue, and its frustrating at best. Mine did it.. bled system...no help...changed valve.... no help. Finally fixed it with a changeout of the main helm (had a tiny burr that was allowing it to leak down). In the meantime, turn em all the way to either side when docked and tilt em all the way up if you're in the water. If on a trailer, I'd just leave em down.