Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Ethanol Medic ?

Libra

First of all there is no one cure all for E-10 but there are some things that can be done in the way of preventative medicine. First you have to stabilize it with either Sta-bil or Startron. Then you have to prevent phase separation. E-Zorb from MDR does that. Do your own bench test. Create separation, add E-Zorb and shake. I've seen it and I'm a believer. E-Zorb has been around for some years and MDR much longer.

I am not familiar with Ethanol Medic but it could work along the lines of E-Zorb. If you have much accumulation of water the only thing that works is to drain the tank and start out with fresh fuel and a regular routine of PM.

First of all there is no one cure all for E-10 but there are some things that can be done in the way of preventative medicine. First you have to stabilize it with either Sta-bil or Startron. Then you have to prevent phase separation. E-Zorb from MDR does that. Do your own bench test. Create separation, add E-Zorb and shake. I've seen it and I'm a believer. E-Zorb has been around for some years and MDR much longer.

I am not familiar with Ethanol Medic but it could work along the lines of E-Zorb. If you have much accumulation of water the only thing that works is to drain the tank and start out with fresh fuel and a regular routine of PM.

Are you saying you need to add Sta-bil/Startron and E-Zorb.

First of all, there is NO product available today that prevents phase seperation that I am aware of. Secondly, Ezorb contains ingrediants that make it water soluable. Water soluable ingrediants and E10 are not a good combination. Lastly, I would NEVER stick anything in my tank without first seeing the MSDS and knowing that the product does not contain water soluable ingrediants especially coming from a company that claims their product is the first to reverse phase seperation. NO WAY, NO HOW!

Edited by BottomFeeder

• 2 weeks later...