Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Freeman 33 Sea Trail

I'm going under the knife in a month or so. I was knocked out a few months back when I was pushing a cow on the trailer and slipped and my head touched the back of her heel and she kicked the heck out of me. I thought it was just a concussion but after a visit to a neurosurgeon, seems c1 and c2 pads are gone and a small fracture to the base of the skull. Enough about my problems. As soon as I'm out of the bed I'm going to buy me a big cat. I hear they're even better riding than a small sportfish. Recon he could put me a setup sort of like everglades console where I could be out of the elements all together. I've done business for a long, long time and one thing is for sure. Someone like this guy who is just starting out with nothing but a huge knowledge base of how to do it right will build you a boat with 0 problems. Every boat is his future. And besides that he is the perfect example of the American Dream. I will be in contact soon. I hope you don't mind me coming to visit occasionally to see it built. One thing I would like to see though is the boat running in two to fours. Thanks Dave.

I'm going under the knife in a month or so. I was knocked out a few months back when I was pushing a cow on the trailer and slipped and my head touched the back of her heel and she kicked the heck out of me. I thought it was just a concussion but after a visit to a neurosurgeon, seems c1 and c2 pads are gone and a small fracture to the base of the skull. Enough about my problems. As soon as I'm out of the bed I'm going to buy me a big cat. I hear they're even better riding than a small sportfish. Recon he could put me a setup sort of like everglades console where I could be out of the elements all together. I've done business for a long, long time and one thing is for sure. Someone like this guy who is just starting out with nothing but a huge knowledge base of how to do it right will build you a boat with 0 problems. Every boat is his future. And besides that he is the perfect example of the American Dream. I will be in contact soon. I hope you don't mind me coming to visit occasionally to see it built. One thing I would like to see though is the boat running in two to fours. Thanks Dave.

We did hit 4+ footers in Government Cut. Sorry no video but it ran better than I had expected in those conditions. Can't wait to see the 40 with quad Yamaha 300's!

1992_beer_cheer.gif

That Freeman did look like a great ride. Wanted to get a test ride but just didn't get to it. Did get a ride on the World Cat 32 CC and it was sweet. Having owned a cat before, even tho the ride was great, I still could feel the sponsons individually digging in but it wasn't noticable to the others that had never owned a cat. One nice handling feature was how it leaned into a turn.

Another really sweet ride was the 35 Bluewater with the three 300 Zukes. Didn't get into the ocean with it so can't make a comparison to the WC, but in the bay, with all the wakes, it was sweet.

Question: Whats the law about using Government Cut while cruise ships are in? Only one ride that I was on went out the cut while they were in, and he went under the second bridge and around the island. I noticed that while the cruise ships were in, practically all boats just went into the open bay towards MB, then turned around and came back to the Marriott. Dificult to tell much about how a boat handles sea conditions that way.

Edited by Libra