Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Swim Platform Remake

Just installed trim-tabs on my old V20...long overdue...swim platform had big clearance problem w/tab cylinder on port side...found a piece of Starboard from a recent project

SwimPlatform011.jpg

First gotta cut out the clearance for the cylinder

SwimPlatform034.jpg

Line up the now 3 pieces

SwimPlatform037.jpg

And the notches for the fold-up ladder

SwimPlatform038.jpg

W/a few passes at the router, counter-sink some screw holes and add the handle to the right side, she's ready to go...

SwimPlatform041.jpg

SwimPlatform044.jpg

Hope you enjoyed lookin' as much as I enjoyed doin'...

Nice job, on the platform. I need to replace mine also, I did all the teak less than a year ago and it's a mess already.

Have you had the V20 out since the Tab install? What year V? Any install problems? I've got a set of Bennetts in the garage to go on mine, the way these boats ride I haven't been in a rush to get them installed.

Nice job, on the platform. I need to replace mine also, I did all the teak less than a year ago and it's a mess already.

Have you had the V20 out since the Tab install? What year V? Any install problems? I've got a set of Bennetts in the garage to go on mine, the way these boats ride I haven't been in a rush to get them installed.

Thanks 2nd Curse...she's a '74 and the only problem w/installation was where the lines came thru the transom...VERY close to inside of splashwell and didn't leave ANY clearance...

laurenandgabriela008.jpg

As the pic shows, I put 'em as close to outside end of the tranny as they could go...and even relocated holes in trailing edge of tab to get the top of the cylinder away from the splashwell, but still close...

Unfortunately I haven't splashed it since the install and still have wiring to finish up...my bow rides a little high since hangin' the Honda on it several years ago...the tabs will give me some control in that area...anyway, it's done and I am ready to get it wet...I'll let ya know how effective they are...

Can't really tell if you got V20 or not...if so, you'll enjoy this...

http://www.wellcraftv20.com/