Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

It's that time again!

Rusty

I cleaned and waxed the boat last fall. Had a hard time waxing the deck with the raised diamend patern. Seems it was a pain in the a$$ trying to get the wax from between the diamond patern on the deck and on the top of the gunnel.

Is there a better way to get the job done or do I just get a 12 pack and go at it.

Thanks

I cleaned and waxed the boat last fall. Had a hard time waxing the deck with the raised diamend patern. Seems it was a pain in the a$$ trying to get the wax from between the diamond patern on the deck and on the top of the gunnel.

Is there a better way to get the job done or do I just get a 12 pack and go at it.

Thanks

Making the deck slick with wax is not a very good idea.

Armando

Wax makes cleaning a lot easier, and there are non-skid waxes out there. But some parts of the nonskid probably should be left untreated.

I've found that the easiest way to clean nonskid is with a bristle brush and almost any good household cleaner, and if the brush isn't too stiff it works well as a polisher for rhw waxing phase too. The bristles will get down in the diamond pattern much better than a sponge or rag.

Wax makes cleaning a lot easier, and there are non-skid waxes out there. But some parts of the nonskid probably should be left untreated.

I've found that the easiest way to clean nonskid is with a bristle brush and almost any good household cleaner, and if the brush isn't too stiff it works well as a polisher for rhw waxing phase too. The bristles will get down in the diamond pattern much better than a sponge or rag.

I don't wax mine either but there is a product called Woody Wax that has been developed to work on non-skid

I was thinking waxing would add some level of protection and make cleaning alot easer. Did the bristle brush thing for cleaning, works great. I did not wax the whole deck. Making the deck slippery makes scence to me now.

No wax on the deck.

Thanks guys, Yall just made my day (when it stops raining)alot easier.