Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bow pulpit yes or no ?

Interested in installing a bow pulpit on my 98 aquasport 215 explorer anyone have experience installing one have some pics? And is it worth it to install or should I just put a anchor roller on ? Don't like the anchor locker the boat has Any advice would be great. Been goin back and forth on this all winter. Please post some pics and all ideas welcome Thanks

I've never installed one, but all of my previous boats (26', 28' and 30') had them and they were the best thing since canned beer. They kept the muddy anchors off the deck and out of the rode locker, making the clean-up process a bit easier. A buddy had his remote-controlled spotlight installed at the front end of his, ahead of the anchor roller. It made for a very neat installation and totally eliminated glare off the deck.

Hi seabob( osprey250 ) go to see you over here also

Tstone. I like a pulpit like yours what year is your boat. The pulpit looks bolt on does anyone make an aftermarket pulpit for an aquasport? I'm lookin to find a link or something with pics on the installation I'm a mechanical/handy person but boat is mint want to make sure it's solid and done right. My other alternative is just the roller set up. What do you guys think???? Thanks

I'm located in Tarpon Springs. Waterman one solution for you would be to buy my boat (it's for sell) and take the pulpit off of it. Honestly I think I would just start out with a anchor roller if I were you. This would allow you to accomplish most of what you want at a minimum of expense. In the meantime you can always look to find a used one or explore having one fabricated. If you anchor at any depth at all I think you will find it easily worth it. :1992_beer_cheer: