Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A Really Good Suggestion

I use to be real active in dslreports.com in the Satellite Internet forum. They had FAQ's specifically placed in a designated area that answered most frequent questions... Such as how to winterize my boat for the winter.... Instead of having a user search these options, have one layed out answer per inboard/outboard.

What do you think?

David

I think it would be a great idea to take information from a bunch of posts on a similar topic and put together in FAQs that could be researched . . . kind of like a wikopedia-of-boating-and-fishing

I use to be real active in dslreports.com in the Satellite Internet forum. They had FAQ's specifically placed in a designated area that answered most frequent questions... Such as how to winterize my boat for the winter.... Instead of having a user search these options, have one layed out answer per inboard/outboard.

What do you think?

David

I think it would be a great idea to take information from a bunch of posts on a similar topic and put together in FAQs that could be researched . . . kind of like a wikopedia-of-boating-and-fishing

I think it's a great idea! Wiley and I have discussed it in the past, and I think that it will eventually lean towards DIY videos, ect.... This was discussed prior to RB.

What do you think Auguste? I think FAQ's & DIY video's would be a great help!!!

David

Woops . . . didn't answer your question

I like the FAQs idea because it would respond to questions like "I bent the skeg on my outboard and a small piece broke off, how do I fix it"

The only draw back is that each one takes time to produce . . . but I know that many members are more than happy to post their stories complete with pics and video

Go for it

I am a member of a forum that yachtjim has, we are trying to do something similar there, they are asking everyone to link a good informative thread so they can be combined into a library of sorts. If everyone helps it will make it easier for someone to put together.