Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Going the "Joe Boater" route?

wiley

......... Either way, if the forum stays the same, I am in for the long run. I started out on THT and in a short time there, saw the slow mutation of the board into way too much bickering and "johnson" swinging and then found RB as the nicer place to be so I will stick around. I will wear my ReelBoating T-shirt in lieu of the JoeBoater one though. I just can't picture what the JoeBoater logo will look like.

Like I said, just my two pesos worth. No matter what the name is, I'm not going anywhere.

Thanks. Glad that you are here!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at guy's house last week and we needed a pic of my boat and I took him over here on his laptop to show him one ( from you guy's helping me post it ) and he didn't know about this place. He has been a member elsewhere since 04 but does not get on a lot. My point being that he just did not know about this place and if there was a way to get the word out more ??

Butch

rb-rules.gif

Thanks. A lot of getting the word out relies on the members. I'm doing pretty good with the search engines etc.

Yeah, we could have a few more daily posts but in actuality if you base it on the amount of registered members I'm actually ahead of where I was when I started THT.

:rb-rules:

There are about 1,000,000 plus Iron Workers that will open a LARGE can of whoopazz if you call one us a JOE . A JOE is a dumbazz to us , a Safety problem or a LOOSER.

Just telling ya what JOE means to a Iron Worker.

Glad I'm not an iron worker, cause my name is Joe, and i'm an ordinary Joe. Is that what you are refering to? Cause ordinary Joe's are what this country is! Just not sure on the Joe boating thing though. Carry on!

I don't mind the Joeboater name at all. I also think Reelboating is fine. I guess what it would boil down to if I was the owner of the site is what will get more people to view/join.

I don't know if this is technically possible but perhaps you could have both sites carry the same content, albeit with different look. Anything posted to one site would automatically go on the other site. I'm not a computer expert so if it's not feasible don't crucify me :1121_wink:

Or maybe you could just give us all instant membership into the Joeboater forum and see if it takes off with new members.

The name may indeed attract new people, maybe some less experienced boaters who are looking for us "experts".

Thanks for your comments. I think it would have to be one or the other, and so far keeping ReelBoating is the direction it seems to be going.

I don't believe I have posted yet but here is my 1/2 cent anyway.

I think like others have said and alluded too; Joe Boater is a "Trendy" name and I don't really care for it. Reminds me of this past embarrassing election year.....

If you want to get away from the fishy side of things how about a simple change like RealBoating.com!? Takes the fishy side out of it yet keeps it dignified :unsure:

Out

Thanks for your reply.

I own ReelBoating.com and RealBoating.com domain names. I had run the idea by the wife a while back about having both sites share the same forum (layout, database etc) but for RealBoating have a different look including the logo - no emphasis on fishing. She shot it down and I havent pursued it further. ;)

There are about 1,000,000 plus Iron Workers that will open a LARGE can of whoopazz if you call one us a JOE . A JOE is a dumbazz to us , a Safety problem or a LOOSER.

Just telling ya what JOE means to a Iron Worker.

Glad I'm not an iron worker, cause my name is Joe, and i'm an ordinary Joe. Is that what you are refering to? Cause ordinary Joe's are what this country is! Just not sure on the Joe boating thing though. Carry on!

Joe , please take no offense and I'm not trying to start any bashing here . I was just telling Wiley what it meant to a Iron Worker [ and a bunch of us are named Joe ] But you are right ..........It's the Working Man that makes this Country go.

Now if it was a site dedicated to sailboats we could call it, RAGBAGGER.com

Peace

I'm not a big supporter of the JoeBoater concept. I think naming an internet site is a lot like naming a book. Once the book is on the rack (or the forum posted on the internet) the potential customer makes a lot of the decision to buy or enter based on the title. JoeBoater just doesn't prompt any interest. Reel Boating, especially with the logo split, does sound interesting. I'd click on SeriousBoating long before I'd click on JoeBoating.

Since you own both names I would continue with Reel Boating name (my preference) and link Joe Boater to it with an into on that site explaining why. I think the challenge is creating a site that is different but the same to reach both audiences to set it apart. For instance, Reel Boating continues in the tradition of THT while maybe a "Joe Boater" section on RB features educational videos on fishing (inshore,offshore, etc), boat maintenance (oil change,impeller change, etc) and generally a boating /fishing how to. FWIW, my 2 cents. Thanks for asking.