Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boating Projects Forum

Gus, I had one then merged the threads back to the main forum.

I could have the boating projects area return if enough people agree it warrants it's own area. I mean, I thought it did.

While a projects forum may not have tons of threads (because document each project is a lot of work), I would love to somehow find all of the well document threads on projects that were done by RBers

One of the celebrities :1992_beer_cheer: on this site did a number of how-tos on engine maintenance

A little birdie told me :rolleyes: that a parrot was documenting the construction of a boat that HE was building

The forum would have to be real projects, showing the progress of the work, and what was done, before and after

I have started documenting the electronics installation on Miss Cecile and when finished I plan to post it here on RB

Other projects I have planned for the next 12 months are:

- mounting a spot light

- mounting a FLIR

- mounting a windless, which will include repairing of the deck, a soft spot

- installing a rod locker

- installing a complete second station in the cockpit

- installing cameras in the bilge and lazarette for safety reasons

- replacing two condensors, one for the bait freezer and one for the slush tank

- a bunch of small cosmetic repairs

- LED lighting in cockpit and bridge

Well maybe 24 months of projects . . . but that is beside the point

This would be a forum where we would show what we have done . . . whereas the boating forum is where we ask questions and hope for answers that solve the issue

oh well . . . back to my real world job . . . got to earn some money to pay for the projects :)

Edited by auguste