Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

E3 Spark Plugs for Small Engines

I've been down at my inlaws house for the past couple of days, and been helping my father in law to cut a few trees. Yesterday, I ran to the local Husqvarna saw shop to get a chain for my saw, and a few gallons of bar oil. While I was there, I noticed a logging contractor in there, and he was buying a whole stack of the E3 plugs for his many saws. I got to talking to him, and the owner of the shop, and you could tell that they were both more than impressed with the performance of these plugs, so I decided to give them a try myself. I had seen these in the local super center a few times, and just figured it was more "snake oil marketing" with a big price tag, I am happy to say that this is not the case. I have noticed a dramatic increase in power compared to a standard Champion or NGK plug, especially in the lower RPM ranges. At $5.99/plug they aren't cheap, but for the performance gains I say that it is worth the price.

Note: the above test was on a Husqvarna 353 saw, with 20" bar. The new plug replaced a NGK plug that was less than a month old, and for all practical purposes, was still at the begining of it's life cycle.