Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Update on Miss Cecile

Was down in Virginia Beach over 2 weeks ago and spent a week helping Dale who is doing the electronic install - - - I then came back to Canada and dale continued working on the elctronics making sure everything was working great

For those who do not rememeber it is Furuno NavNet3 system - - - one 12 inch display - - - one 8 inch display - - - digital fish finder black box - - - 12 kw radar - - - AIS system - - - Sirus weather - - - two Icom M604 VHF - - - auto pilot - - - new 23 ft antennas - - - a couple of other minor gadgets - - - and then I reached my electronics maximum budget for a few / many months - - - time to get fishing

We decided to go the entire DEMA 2000 route and not 183 . . . so there was a learning curve

Well I just talked to Dale and everything seems to be working - - - just a few minor glitches (talking to Furuno) and trying to connect to an older transducer until I haukl the boat and get a new transducer

Hope to move the boat down to Pirates Cove this weekend

Yes we took pics of the install . . . and will take more pics this weekend . . . and will post the entire trip

Is the boat in Virginia Beach now ?

Hi . . . yes the boat is in Virginia beach docked behind dale's home.

:504_shrugging: and I guess it will be there for a while longer :1898_:

The weather forecast for the next few days reads as follows

Fri Night

NE winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming E 25 to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 ft...building to 8 to 11 ft after midnight. Rain.

Sat

NE winds 25 to 30 kt...becoming N 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 9 to 12 ft. Rain likely...mainly in the morning.

Sat Night

NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Seas 8 to 11 ft. A chance of rain. A chance of snow after midnight.

Sun

NW winds 20 to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft.

Mon

NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft.