Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hidden cameras

I know this has been discussed many times out there but it's hard to weed through all the threads to find info. Besides, we need some new posts on this forum!

Here is what I need. I need to install some very small, self contained hidden cameras for in home survailance. I looked at nannycams but they have no designs that will work in my house. I could buy one and take it apart but that's probably not the best option.

The limited places I have to hide them means I will need some that are self powered and do not need external source for recording. A/C ducts,front door sill, etc.. They also need to be motion activated.

In a couple of spots I can use one that can be plugged in but the camera itself needs to be very small to hide. I have room to hide the recording device. But the two others I want, there is no way to run a power cord.

So, here is what I need;

-2 small, motion activated, self contained camaeras, battery operated. Tiny is the key.

-1 or 2 small, motion activated, preffer self contained for recording but not required, can be plugged in to the wall and can have remote recording.

*All will be indoors. One in a not heated garage. It maybe gets to freezing in there. smaller is better and low light capable is a big plus.

any help will be greatly appreciated as time is short. Will need to make a deceision ASAP. Any spy types out there, your info would be very useful.

Oh yeah, inexpensive is key here but they still need to work. Can't spend a grand per camera but can do a hundred or more per.

Edited by one4water

Please be careful and discrete abut how you use this equipment. A misunderstanding

can be damaging to your reputation. If you are going to record the images you

should check your local surveillance laws. You may need to have a sign posted to

warn the general public they are on 'Candid Camera.'

A fake camera or two, might put folks on their better behavior and save you some hassle.

You could also rig an alarm trigger to these fakes so if they are tamperred with it draws

attention through your real (concealed) camera.

Good luck!

(Disclaimer: I have no connection with any company selling these materials.)

If you don't mind, take a look at this set-up....

http://www.security-depot.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/13274/subcatid/0/id/355911

Am I understanding it rioght? It can use batteries for two days or plug in for unlimited on time. Records into its own memory to be played back on any tv and will turn on automatically via motion detector.

If that is all true, thatis probably what I need. The housing may be a little big but I am wondering if I can remove the guts and hide it better without the outer shell.

Any thoughts guys?

I have checked with all of my distributors, and none of them sell "spy" cameras. You might have better luck checking on the internet, or your local PI. If you have any questions please let me know, I will help you the best I can.

David

A/V Solutions

I have been looking at some spy cameras but none seem to really fit the environment. There are a few that are close though. My problem is they need to hidden to get full room views in rooms where the person who I don't want to see them, knows everything that should or should not be in that room. A sudden appearance of a new item will be out of place. Not many places to hide them. I have one that can go in the heating return duct but will need to have the receiver wired, hiding the receiver is the problem.

I guess there may be no cut and dry easy way to do this.