Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

small fiberglass repair help

unfortunately my son and i had a bump with another boat neither boat was under power just tapped in a drift no damage to his boat........ but the bow of his boat cracked off 2 spots of gelcoat about 6" above the rub rail about 1/2 " x 1" or less fiberglass under seems ok and solid should anything be checked and whats the best way to go about the repair want to do it myself boat is in EXCELLENT condition will try to upload pics thanks for the help!!

Pictures would definitely help. From the info you've given, I doubt there is anything more than cosmetic damage.

Did the gelcoat come off in a chunk? Or, is it really more like a scratch? Was there a void under the gelcoat? Is the damage on a radius or in a flat section of the hull?

If you can provide some pictures or at least a better description I could probably walk you through step by step.

Sorry OREELY cant seem to post pictures i dont know why they wont upload but to answer your questions:

yes the gelcoat came off in a chunk on both spots with little pieces still around edges

no there was no void under the gel coat

yes the damage is on a radius

If you want to send your email or PM it to me i could send pics that way THANKS for your help