Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

airmar b60 12 deg thru hull transducer install & report.

we I received a raymarine l760 decide to add a 12 deg tilted thru hull transducer here's the pics of the install came with the connector for the a series so I had to use the conector of the old transom transducer that came with the unit theres the possibility that the green & brown have to be grounded to get the transducer to fire so you want to check the conection before soldering color to color make sure the wires dont touch plug into the unit & turn the unit on you should here the clicking in the trans if not seek profesional help (which im not). . Ill give a report on performance compared to the sitex 833 with transom mount transducer onboard. my plans for the l760 is a gps but long term Iplan on replacing the sitex with a humminbird si unit. which will give me a back up for both gps & fishfinder. I have had many a trip ruined by loss of electronics I'm hoping the redundant systems will fix that. So far having the twin engines has done that a couple of times while I'm working out the kinks. here's some pics easier to install than my last thru hull which had to have fairing.

I ended up using 5200 for bedding since I had some at the house I guess it's going with the boat when I sell it.

100_1255.jpg

100_1251.jpg

conector on left a serise on right l760 c series.

100_1252.jpg

temp conection to test transducer

100_1253.jpg

100_1258.jpg

almost flush

100_1259.jpg

gps & fishfinder boat on trailer

100_1260.jpg

100_1261.jpg

100_1264.jpg