Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

best bedding compound for thru hull transducer

just got my b60 12 deg tilted transducer planing on putting it in this weekend & getting out fishing next week. when ive done other thru hull fittings ive used 5200 is that the best to use or what are some of you useing instead pretty sure if I use 5200 it's never coming back out.

Edited by aitkenkingfish

so 4200 is as water tite as 5200 just a little less bonding power

you can use 4200 instead, same sealing properties of 5200, just slightly less permanent if you ever want to remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5200 should do.

And, by the way, you do not need a wrench to take it out -remove it.

There is a little flask of a special chemical product, made by 3M ( it is sort of an antidote, if you want)that just destroys the chemical bond of 5200.You could do seriuo damage just using a wrench or a screwdriver.Trust me, I have been there!

• 1 month later...