Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Arrrgh! Finally fixed this. Thanks for your patience. Please read.

wiley

After many months of back and forth error reporting between the forum software developer and the forum web host (each blaming each other for issues with the forum), it looks like my perseverance has finally paid off and everything is working fine again. 

The issue was the software and web server just weren't communicating properly with each other.

What you are seeing now is a total reinstall of the forum software, many database fixes, and we're now hosting the site on a reinstalled OS.  These fixes caused some downtime over the past 2 weeks and many recent forum threads were lost.

Also, after these fixes we made I found over 100 new sign-ups were "stuck" in a validation queue and were not approved by the software to join.   This issue (of many) has been corrected.

Thank you for your patience.

If you had any access issues then please read further.  

1)  If you were stuck in the validation queue then you were aware you could not attempt to re-register because the software doesn't allow duplicate email addresses when registering.  I solved many of these attempts and got close to 100 usernames active.  In some cases I had to manually change a registrants email setting to a number @reelboating.com.  If this was done to your username you can easily change it back in your forum settings by logging in and opening your user profile.

2) If one of your forum threads/posts was lost it still might be displayed in your user profile!  You can try to open and REPLY to your own post to get it to reappear again.   You can find your posts by logging in and opening your user profile.

OK, Everything is back to working 100%. I'll update if necessary.

EVERYONE GO AHEAD AND  LOGIN HERE: https://reelboating.com/forums/index.php?/login/

Feel free to contact me if you have any errors.  Thanks!

Wiley

• wiley changed the title to Arrrgh! Finally fixed this. Thanks for your patience. Please read.
  • wiley locked this topic
  • wiley unpinned this topic