Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

94 MPH

• 1 month later...

So yesterday was the first time I got some seat time at the helm of a Stroker. A slow one that only does about 85mph. I'm truly impressed with these boats. Hard getting used to the slow hole shot but once the steep pitch prop bit it was full speed ahead with very little trim work. I can't believe the acceleration from 20-80mph. Only seconds to get your stuff together before your eyes start watering and the pulse rate picks up to 120+bpm. My guess is from 20 to 80 mph only took about 4-5 seconds. One thing that concerned me was the mushy feel that a padded steering wheel gives:

(this is not the boat I was in but the same wheel)

DSC00358-1.jpg

I think you would get better feedback from a hard solid wheel like the Edson 13" ComfortGrip:

CG-noknob.jpg

http://www.edsonmari...f5e5d2b71649bff

Kerno...what's your thoughts on fast boat wheels???

Edited by Ludicrous

Kerno: http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/Yamaha%20High%20Perf.htm

The ECU reflash on HPDI's is now out.... conveniently released at the same time they are beginning to phase out their 2-strokes and confusing the heck out of me on my repower. Can I even use 7200 rpms effectively??? Decision is now the 250 Vmax Series II HPDI or 250 SHO to power with. Not liking what I'm learning/reading about the Mercury XS's.