Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Ford F250 cutting off

Mike F

I have a 2002 Ford F250 with 7.3 diesel with 180,000 miles. In the past I've noticed that sometimes the truck would cough very quickly and then go on. When I say cough I mean it's like you lose total power for a fraction of a second.

Just now I slowed to make a right hand turn and it did it again only this time it shut off completely. I put it in nuetral and it started back up with no further problems.

Anyone have this problem? :504_shrugging:

Edited by Mike F

Get your dealer to check on the recall for you, all they need is your VIN, key it in Oasis and it will tell if there is a recall, I know there is one out and if your sensor has never been changed it would be a free repair at your local Ford diesel dealer.