Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Somebody's not going to be happy

Mike F

Anybody know who manufactured this vessel? A guy here in Naples has a bright yellow one with a white cap that he has rebuilt top to bottom. Sat outside Wiggins pass in my yellow boat and talked to the guy for about an hour. Forget who makes it though. Next time I see him I'll take some pictures of his rebuild.

Edited by Ludicrous

Until high tide.

Yeah thats a lot of crap in such a small boat. probably sunk due to a not working bilge pump.

Probably less stuff in there than it looks like. The hull is full of water, so everything has floated to the top. The empty bushel baskets contribute to the cluttered look, but they are standard equipment on a crabbing boat.

I'd vote for a broken thru-hull as the cause.

... probably sunk due to a not working bilge pump.

I'd vote for a broken thru-hull as the cause.

I used to see a lot of that type boat around St. Michaels, up by Chestertown along the Chester River, and down around Solomons. Chances are good that boat has sunk more than once, and chances are just as good that the boat has neither a bilge pump nor any thru-hulls. Just a big old empty coffee can for bailing her out. :1925_:

Most of these are flatbottom wooden hulls, many originally simple rowboats, outfitted with just the barest of necessities - - a small outboard, a seat or two, and that's it. Simple but functional.

And sometimes simple is the only way to go.

Ahhh... up near Crab Alley Bay - not far from St. Michaels. Quite a few of that style around Cherry Street dock area in St. Michaels. :605_thumbs_up:

Dang.... now I've got a craving for dinner at The Crab Claw. :1992_beer_cheer:

That type were originally powered by sail.... Note the large wash boards. Had a drop down center board.

Boat is made with planks. If not taken care of properly, will leak...always