Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

bill erhardt Hurricane Jimena

I hope you are safe and wish you the best Bill as you deal with this hurricane :605_thumbs_up: You are in my thoughts Tim . Keep us posted bro

For you that don't know where Bill lives Loreto, Baja Sur, Mexico and he graces us with great PICS and is a active member of several boating sites

Edited by TimW Texas

I hope you are safe and wish you the best Bill as you deal with this hurricane :605_thumbs_up: You are in my thoughts Tim . Keep us posted bro

For you that don't know where Bill lives Loreto, Baja Sur, Mexico and he graces us with great PICS and is a active member of several boating sites

Tim.......Thanks for your concern. It looks like Jimena is going to stay in the Pacific on the west side of the Baja peninsula. We should get wind and rain here in Loreto, but it looks like the west coast will suffer the brunt of it. Yesterday in the calm before the storm I trailered my boat across to Mag Bay and fished Thetis Bank where there has been a terrific wahoo bite for the past couple of weeks, and which is directly in the path of Jimena. I arrived at Thetis around 8:00 a.m. and by 9:45 had my limit of 5 wahoo in the boat. I was back in Loreto by late afternoon to batten down for what we get of the storm.

Tim.......Thanks for your concern. It looks like Jimena is going to stay in the Pacific on the west side of the Baja peninsula. We should get wind and rain here in Loreto, but it looks like the west coast will suffer the brunt of it. Yesterday in the calm before the storm I trailered my boat across to Mag Bay and fished Thetis Bank where there has been a terrific wahoo bite for the past couple of weeks, and which is directly in the path of Jimena. I arrived at Thetis around 8:00 a.m. and by 9:45 had my limit of 5 wahoo in the boat. I was back in Loreto by late afternoon to batten down for what we get of the storm.

Ya we see where it is predicted to hit I know you will get a piece of the wind and rain. You know you could have just said nothing about the fishing 5 wahoo, man I love your area

I have emailed Bill and still no response I know it could be power lines and or Internet service down I hope you are OK Bill

Tim.......Loreto was without electricity and water for about four days, and I just got telephone/Internet service restored sometime today. Jimena was a lot more potent than anyone expected. It stayed west and missed Cabo, but came ashore at Mag Bay as a catagory 2 hurricane. We had winds of 60 knots, or so, and maybe 6 inches of rain 80 miles or so from the eye of the storm in Loreto, but minimal damage compared to Lopez Mateos, San Carlos, Insurgentes, and Constitucion around Mag Bay, and Mulege and Santa Rosalia to the north which it nailed when it came across the peninsula. With telephone service, things are pretty much back to normal in Loreto, but it will be awhile for the other towns that had a closer encounter with the surly lady.