Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lowrance customer service

My son bought a Lowrance XOG GPS about 16 months ago. This was a new model introduced in November 2007 that had dual use as a marine and land GPS. The battery was not holding a charge and he attempted to get a replacement from Lowrance or have them replace it. He contacted Lowrance customer service and was told that they do not support this unit any longer and no battery is available. How can a product that has been on the market for less than 2 years be unsupported for repairs or parts, and the manufacturer does not offer any alternative? I will never buy another Lowrance product in the future because of this incident.

My son bought a Lowrance XOG GPS about 16 months ago. This was a new model introduced in November 2007 that had dual use as a marine and land GPS. The battery was not holding a charge and he attempted to get a replacement from Lowrance or have them replace it. He contacted Lowrance customer service and was told that they do not support this unit any longer and no battery is available. How can a product that has been on the market for less than 2 years be unsupported for repairs or parts, and the manufacturer does not offer any alternative? I will never buy another Lowrance product in the future because of this incident.

You might try contacting Linda Colt. I have heard good things about her, maybe she can help.

(linda.colt@navico.com)

Jeff

thats what alot of us have found out. eventily no matter how much they spend on advertizing it will catch up & that will be that. Take a company like bennet (bennet trim tabs) call them up ell them what your having problems with or what part you cant find & they will offer to ship it out depending on what it is alot of times it's free. minnkota jut covered brand new trolling motor under warentee i had 10 min of run time before breaking the shaft when I cought it on the dock. nedless to say when the repair shop contacted them told them the truth totally my fault they said cover it. when im ready for a new trolling motor guess what thats right it will be minnkota. also have to get some tabs for the project boat there going to be bennett.

repeat customers thats what customer service is all about. guess that 2000.00 I spent with lowrance will be going to si-tex this time.

You might try contacting Linda Colt. I have heard good things about her, maybe she can help.

(linda.colt@navico.com)

Jeff