Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need Some Advice

I have two 4 inch corrugated drain pipes that go under my driveway (about 20 feet.) Neither pipe flows anymore. There were working fine up until my garage was built (I think.)

It has only rained hard enough a few times for me to notice that the pipes are not flowing or are flowing very little. I can stick my water hose down in one of them only about 12 feet and it stops. The water hose comes back out clean, so I am not sure the pipe is collapsed, may just have trash in it.

These pipes are connected to my gutter downspouts and two drain basins.

Any ideas?

Edited by HOTSPOT

Auger:

Chore_TimeFlex_Auger.jpg

Main Entry: au·ger

Pronunciation: \ˈȯ-gər\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, alteration (resulting from false division of a nauger) of nauger, from Old English nafogār; akin to Old High German nabugēr auger, Old English nafu nave, gār spear — more at nave, gore

Date: before 12th century

: any of various tools or devices having a helical shaft or member that are used for boring holes (as in wood, soil, or ice) or moving loose material (as snow)

In other words it "augs" stuff.

I have two 4 inch corrugated drain pipes that go under my driveway (about 20 feet.) Neither pipe flows anymore. There were working fine up until my garage was built (I think.)

It has only rained hard enough a few times for me to notice that the pipes are not flowing or are flowing very little. I can stick my water hose down in one of them only about 12 feet and it stops. The water hose comes back out clean, so I am not sure the pipe is collapsed, may just have trash in it.

These pipes are connected to my gutter downspouts and two drain basins.

Any ideas?

I agree with the auger, it will dig out any clogs. You can also try a pipe snake which can help break up the clog. Most hardware stores have them for rent. If it is a collapsed pipe, you may have to break through and slide a smaller pipe in to bridge the collapsed portion or worse case, dig it all up and lay new pipe. Sounds like that is not an option though since it is under the driveway. I had one collapse under the driveway and chose to re-route it under the lawn instead of digging the asphalt up.