Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Question for RB members......

Will any of you miss the Boating Safety or Boating Projects Forums if I decide to merge the threads posted there back into the main Boating Forum?

I want to expand RB beyond just web forums and would like to keep boating discussions generally in one forum area.

What say ye?

Oh, and The Sand Bar - going to stay where it is and how it is.

Yeah... if I was to make RB simply a Forum, and nothing else, I would have a hundred forum categories. I want to make RB more of a community (or network) that also has an active forum area.

I think it's on the right track for that. RB has an atmosphere unlike most forums, where people actually "get to know" one another. I haven't seen many forums where addressing people by their first name (as opposed to their handle) is commonplace like it is here. That alone shows a sense of community.

Agree, less sub forums to check in on. There are times when an important question may be asked in the correct place but due to lack of traffic there and not getting any response it is asked again in a more popular area.

Less is more. I am a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. method!!

Capt. Jeff