Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

vs. vs. vs. thread

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

250Osprey, 2 stroke or 4 stroke on that schoolbus driver?

Maybe the question should be "Does she go both ways?" :2403_worshipper:

vs.vs.vs, etc.

To all of you ex-menbers of THaT other toxic waste site:

Please be aware it was created with the very best intentions as this and many other sites are . I came over from a site up here in the NE (hint-hint) that also was created way back when with all the best intentions, mainly to share good local fishing info as well as rod and reel Q&A. It was allowed to deterorate just so that it could get the "Hits" needed to justify the advertising rates. As time went on the discussion board getting the most hits was a board we will call the "Lounge". It's a place for the vs. v. vs v. vs, as well as some very intense politcal discussions. At one time there was some real high quality moderators who really cared and tried to keep the agruements to a minimum. What you will find there now are moderators who are either full of themselves or like to fuss and argue just as their immature membership base does. Over the last few years I "Lurked" over at THaT other site when I needed specific info on a peticular boat or motor. It become pulluted by the "mine is better than yours" crowd who offer no real information other than that's what they own.

My point is this, it is up to all of us, not just Wiley and the Mods. to keep this place civil and run any riff raff out of here just as soon as it it starts to get ugly. Every discussion that I have read here has been informative and well spoken. From what I can see this is a great group of people dedicated to Boating and Fishing, and I am proud to be a part of it. My only suggestion is that we all stop "bashing" THaT and other sites and move ahead making this the best place to come for all types of Boating and Fishing information.

As Welder said

"Good to see so many people with level heads that can think logically" {Ditto}

Many thanks to Wiley for getting this place going and allowing me to be a part of this fine and intellegent group!

Broken Wrench

:605_thumbs_up::1992_beer_cheer::605_thumbs_up: