Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bringing The Sand Bar Back Here?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get Ludy an RB shirt, free - all access press passes to the show, invitations to show events, a place to hang and fish etc.

THT can give him a bunch of people telling him how great he is.

Now, how am I supposed to compete with THAT?!

:471_confused_face::1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin:unsure:

Ok, it will cost him some snook rigging tips. Time to put my rod where my mou... uh, well, maybe not

ANYWAY - SAND BAR BACK HERE OR LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS?

Bring it back here, but keep it tasteful....

Is there any way to keep it there and here at the same time? Such as when you click on a forum on RB, it opens up a list of topics. Can you make it so that when you click on The SandBar, it keeps you in the same forum, but just changes the colors and only gives you the 3-4 subforums you mentioned?

I think I will remain neutral but I wanted to reply so you knew I was listening. I stopped going to THT because of the raunchiness that was getting worse all the time. When you started this board i jumped right in because it was refreshing to be able to read posts without the usual trash. It started to go that way and I pointed one out and you quashed it. I think if you invite that type of thing back, even in another forum, then it will migrate over. Just my opinion, I do not contribute enough to this forum to be a force one way or the other. I just like clean reading once in a while.

Ok, so here's the deal.

In 2001 I created a very successful formula for a boating and fishing forum which included the fun side of those activities, jokes, bikini pix etc. It was suggested to me that perhaps this "fun side" shouldn't reside on the forum as it detracts from the serious discussions. These comments prompted me to open TheSandBar.net.

What I now find is... ReelBoating is apparently maybe a bit too strict on-topic and could use some fun (it's my style remember). Off topic discussions encourage a sense of community, inspire new topics, and increase memberships.

TheSandBar may be a bit too removed just having a link here from ReelBoating. In all honesty this yesterday was my first visit to TheSandBar in over 5 days!

Here's what I'm proposing.

Bring The Sand Bar back to ReelBoating.com as a category with 4-5 sub categories. These categories are somewhat off-topic categories and not necessarily promoting any type of adult oriented discussions.

No adult oriented photos: Bikini pictures maximum - and only those related to the outdoors.

No political discussion of any kind

Funny videos area - non lewd!

Sports area for brackets, discussion, bets during season etc.

The alternative is to leave ReelBoating.com as is and TheSandBar.com as is (with less limitations). The Sand Bar categories will be free to view by all.

WHAT SAY YE?

I think I will remain neutral but I wanted to reply so you knew I was listening. I stopped going to THT because of the raunchiness that was getting worse all the time. When you started this board i jumped right in because it was refreshing to be able to read posts without the usual trash. It started to go that way and I pointed one out and you quashed it. I think if you invite that type of thing back, even in another forum, then it will migrate over. Just my opinion, I do not contribute enough to this forum to be a force one way or the other. I just like clean reading once in a while.

Ok, so here's the deal.

In 2001 I created a very successful formula for a boating and fishing forum which included the fun side of those activities, jokes, bikini pix etc. It was suggested to me that perhaps this "fun side" shouldn't reside on the forum as it detracts from the serious discussions. These comments prompted me to open TheSandBar.net.

What I now find is... ReelBoating is apparently maybe a bit too strict on-topic and could use some fun (it's my style remember). Off topic discussions encourage a sense of community, inspire new topics, and increase memberships.

TheSandBar may be a bit too removed just having a link here from ReelBoating. In all honesty this yesterday was my first visit to TheSandBar in over 5 days!

Here's what I'm proposing.

Bring The Sand Bar back to ReelBoating.com as a category with 4-5 sub categories. These categories are somewhat off-topic categories and not necessarily promoting any type of adult oriented discussions.

No adult oriented photos: Bikini pictures maximum - and only those related to the outdoors.

No political discussion of any kind

Funny videos area - non lewd!

Sports area for brackets, discussion, bets during season etc.

The alternative is to leave ReelBoating.com as is and TheSandBar.com as is (with less limitations). The Sand Bar categories will be free to view by all.

WHAT SAY YE?

You underestimate young Jedi Wiley's moderating skills.