Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How do I remove Latex house paint from a boat?

Mike,

I really just started. But it is moving along quickly.

I put about 2 hours into sanding the boat, and got it smooth. Blew it with compressed air and started to roll paint. Keeping a wet edge, it went really fast. It's amazing how nice it looks.

Then today, I masked off the waterline, and applied fresh bottom paint. At this point, the outside of the hull is mostly done, besides under the bunks.

Now, I've got to strip the interior, sand it down and paint the topsides and floor. Then I plan to move the side console forward. I thought about adding a center console, but the side console leaves lots of great fishing space. I'm going to add a cooler as a bench seat, and she will be ready for another engine.

Here is the pic of the exterior work as of today:

McKee4.jpg

-TH

Good job! Any boat is a good boat if you can get out on the water. I see you have Md. stickers on her. Perfect boat to go crabbing in. What part of Maryland are you from?

Hey neighbor!

The boat came from Baltimore, near the Key Bridge. We live about 2 hours south of you, near Lake Anna, but we used to live in the Bowie area

I see you are over on the eastern shore. I'm supposed to go check out a 40HP motor in your neck of the woods sometime later this week... Small world.

-TH

Sand it down and paint it black. use Rustoleum. better yet have it rhino lined

Oh man, I just noticed this post!

HAHAHAHA! Can you IMAGINE how hot a BLACK boat would be in the summertime! You would melt your shoes! HAHAHAHA! Good one! Seems like everyone is using rustoleum for everything nowadays...