Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best non-skid wax/cleaner?

the works toilet bowl gel

That stuff is great too. I was using The Works Tube and Tile Cleaner (spray) on the outside of the boat for stains and scum line, but I can't find it anymore. Just like SNOBOL and fas as chemical make up, same stuff as that $10 a bottle hull cleaner for only $1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for suggestions on what to use on non skid deck. Thanks!

Shel

Went ahead and tried the Starbrite non skid cleaner w/PTFE. Went on easy, noticed after 3 days of pollen falling that none of it stuck to the deck like before. All of the pollen that fell appeared to blow down to one end after the treatment. Now if the wind would quit blowing so I can go get some fish blood on it and see how it really works!!

Thanks Hotspot,

Thats sort of what i was thinking but all the "if you wax it it cleans up better" talk got me to thinking about trying it. The sand nonskid gets really dirty looking...

Plus i just removed and replaced my non skid on the gunnels today and it looks so good I want to figure out a way to keep it looking good.

I'll give it a try and post some results....

Thanks Hotspot,

Thats sort of what i was thinking but all the "if you wax it it cleans up better" talk got me to thinking about trying it. The sand nonskid gets really dirty looking...

Plus i just removed and replaced my non skid on the gunnels today and it looks so good I want to figure out a way to keep it looking good.

I'll give it a try and post some results....

I use woody wax on my non skid and it's just like yours, it works great!