Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ZZZZzzzzzZZzzzz .......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not noticed the add until you said something, I know it was there but that is all. I guess it does not bother me.

We live Not So Far Away from you, north of the boat ramp on 13th Street.

Many of our neighbors are gone, as will I be soon. It's the Muggy Season... 90+ degrees F and 90+ humidity most days. Time to go on a vacation somewhere cooler, somewhere with no humidity.

I'm going to Northern California. My 78 year old mother has never been, so she's meeting me to attend her younger brother's 70th birthday party, as a surprise. A couple of days with Mom and Uncle, and it's off to our tour of wine country and north.

Lazy is the watchword this time of year in South Florida. The ocean is lazy, flat and hot unless there's a tropical wave or worse. I'm lazy, too, don't even want to think about getting the dive gear together to find a couple of lobsters... just sitting around, reading reelboating, frittering the time away inside, in the air conditioned space of the house.

Stay cool.

Mickey

So, let's see, this past week. Full Raymarine system (Radar, E120, tiltable transducer, Sirius weather, sounder module, etc.), Humminbird 997 side looking chaartplotter/fishfinder, Kenwood high-powered (55W) police VHF and all it's components, Whelan Light bar, ICOM VHF, FLIR Camera interfaced to the E120, Virtual Lanyard, hung and rigged a pair of 250 Zukes , dual cylinder. That was on the 29 Donzi (We build the commercial Donzi's for them).

Did my engineering work "on the side", met with USCG (Bubba Chine), met with my Suzuki Engineer (Jon Ponedel, excellent guy!), and met with my Teleflex rep. Got the "X" dim. for a 350MAG with a B2 drive that the last one Proline built was 5 years ago (1 1/2 years before I got there, and no one had a splash of the transom cutout), and cut it myself, because priorities changed...

Was lazy yesterday. Today, mowed and weed-eated Maggie and I's 1.5 acres, and then washed the Maxima. She got a fresh coat of Carnauba wax last weekend, as well as the Volvo. Tomorrow, I change the oil in the Max.

That is on top of answering ProLine's CS requests that our Customer Service people can't figure out...from home!!

I just turned 49 (2 weeks ago), and it is August 1st here in Central Florida, so you know how hot it is.

So, I guess I am saying. "What's your excuse?"

Boz,

How are Big Lake and East Lake doing,, water level wise. Looks like Orange/Osceola have been getting a LOT of rain lately.

Any talk of drawdowns?

Bob C

Hi, Bob - - good to see you back, and particularly good to see that you're staying busy doing what you do best. :605_thumbs_up:

Haven't been by the big lake lately, but East Lake appears to be pretty much at max levels. Beach area has been closed for a week or so due to some nasty ol' E-Coli level elevation. There's been plenty of rain and most of the storms skirt the north side of the lake, so it's getting plenty of runoff and I'm escaping most of the really nasty storms. Lots of storms to our south, too, so I'm sure the big lake is benefitting from that.

No scuttlebutt about drawdowns, so that's a good thing. One really good thing is that they've started disassembling the tanks at the old "poop plant" west of the marina; it'll be nice to have that eyesore (and "nose-sore") place gone forever!

Unfortunately, between extensive honey-do lists, bad weather and traveling, haven't had the boat out in quite a while. Hoping to change that situation soon. :239_fishing: