Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bunk Trailer: Proper way to retrieve the boat?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx all, went out with my new 20' CC boat this weekend to do the break in, went early before the crowd, launching was easy....my son (13) was nervous as this was alot heavier then our tin boat, he did great!

On our way in, I powered onto the trailer, worked out great, still have to find the sweet spot, but I was close for the first time!

Appreciate all the help!

Thx all, went out with my new 20' CC boat this weekend to do the break in, went early before the crowd, launching was easy....my son (13) was nervous as this was alot heavier then our tin boat, he did great!

On our way in, I powered onto the trailer, worked out great, still have to find the sweet spot, but I was close for the first time!

Appreciate all the help!

If you can launch and retrieve a light aluminum boat, a 20' boat should be no problem at all. I'll take loading my 18' CC any day over the 15 aluminum jon boat, the small ones just seem to get blown around a whole lot more to me.

Sorry I came across the wrong way on my first post,,,,,,but here in Charleston we have a 6' tide sometimes and the current rips through there!.

When you approach your trailer you need to have some speed to compensate for the current.

We also have LONG concrete ramps because of that. Every body here has to do it to get there boat on the trailer. The ones who dont, take a LONG time to get out of the way.

We have a BIG,BIG, problem with our overpopulated boat ramps on the weekend.

Just to let you know, the county has NOT built a new ramp here in Charleston,SC in over "40" years!,,,Yes, thats right "40" years!

It sucks out loud!!!!!

I have been to the ramp by the bridge and it gets very busy. I try to keep by boat in the water if I can for our stay. I would be willing to pay$5 or so, if the money went to fix the ramp.