Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Standard Horizon

They are a great unit with lots of features the only issue I have with mine is the read out is small and its hard to read while underway if its rough the back up garmin I have is easy to read with larger numbers etc.

quote name='Abro' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:14 AM' post='20040']

Does anyone have any good or bad knowledge/experience with Standard Horizon's CP180i GPS? Or any for Standard Horizon's GPS's in general?

Thanks in advnce.

Kevin

Edited by Readypro1

I have two Standard Horizons. A CP170 and a CP 155. I bought the 170 about 6 years ago when GPS with wass was first coming out. My local Marine electronics store highly recommended the 170 as the best for the money at that time.(about a $1000.00) There were other choices at higher prices but I really didn't want to spend more than that. I bought the CP 155 at a close out sale at West Marine a couple of years ago for my flats boat. The main reason I stayed with SH was to be able to use the same C-map chip. (about $200.00). I really haven't had a bit of trouble with either one of them except for my original chip going bad.

If I were going to buy a new one today I probably would go with a Ray Marine or a Garmin. I like the Ray Marine maps better than the C-chip and the Garmins come with all the maps pre-loaded. It's hard to beat Garmin when it comes to GPS technology. Hope this helps you.