Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

my motor starts in gear

Hi, I am new here. I am trying to find anyone else who has a mercury 75hp tiller 4-stroke that is defective. Or anyone else who may have been injured like I was. :471_confused_face:

Search:

Advanced Search

Product Assurance Division . Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) Database . Recalls Database

Consumer Safety Defect Report . Carbon Monoxide . Boating Safety Circulars

Details for Recall Number 080039S

Number:

080039S MIC:

HQZ

Company:

MERCURY MARINE Company Official:

Model Name:

TILLER KIT 75-115 HP OUTBOARD Model Year:

2003-08

Problem 1:

START IN GEAR

Problem 2:

HIN:

Case Open Date:

10/22/2008

Disposition:

OPEN Case Close Date:

Units:

626 Campaign Open Date:

10/22/2008

Boat Type:

31 Campaign Close Date:

Severity:

L Last Date:

04/12/2009

Comments:

TILLER HANDLE ACCESSORY KITS FOR SOME MERCURY 75-115 HORSEPOWER ENGINES WITH TILLER HANDLE STEERING/SHIFT MAY BE CAPABLE OF BEING STARTED IN GEAR IF THE SHIFT CONTROL IS PLACED BETWEEN THE F-N-R DETENT POSITIONS. THIS CAMPAIGN INVOLVES RECALL OF THE TILLER HANDLE EXTENSION KIT, NOT THE ENGINE. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TILLER HANDLE STEERING EQUIPPED ENGINES SHOULDBE INSPECTED: MODEL YEAR 2003 115 HP FOURSTROKE, NODEL YEAR 2004 75-115HP FOURSTROKE, MODEL YEAR 2005 - 2008 75-115 HP FOURSTROKE. RECVD CUR 2 - 3 OF 626 UNITS REPAIRED.

Customer Accessibility . Webmaster (Technical Website Issues) . Disclaimer, Privacy & Internet Link Policies

Copyright 2005