Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Vibration

I ran over a rope this weekend at 1000rpms. I noticed it soon after i ran it over and put the engine in neutral. As I continued home, i felt a vibration in the motor, which is a 275 Verado. The prop looks good, my next guess is a bent shaft. Any suggestions? Thanks

Have you pulled the prop yet? Could be some of that rope behind the prop. If there is none bring the prop to a prop shop to check the balance of it or you might have slipped the hub and need a new hub replacement, I keep a spare prop and hub kit on my boat and my spare hub kit does make my Verado vibrate I had hit some stumps with my old aluminum so this is likely the problem.

I doubt that you have bent a shaft or even a SS prop blade on some rope. But hey strange things do happen.

Have you pulled the prop yet? Could be some of that rope behind the prop. If there is none bring the prop to a prop shop to check the balance of it or you might have slipped the hub and need a new hub replacement, I keep a spare prop and hub kit on my boat and my spare hub kit does make my Verado vibrate I had hit some stumps with my old aluminum so this is likely the problem.

I doubt that you have bent a shaft or even a SS prop blade on some rope. But hey strange things do happen.

I ran over a rope this weekend at 1000rpms. I noticed it soon after i ran it over and put the engine in neutral. As I continued home, i felt a vibration in the motor, which is a 275 Verado. The prop looks good, my next guess is a bent shaft. Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll take the prop off and have it checked out. Thanks again.