Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat budget up to $75K what to get?**PICS ADDED GOT A BOAT**

Here's the Boat Trader link...lots of boats for sale...

http://www.boattrader.com/search-results/T...ort-Price:DESC/

Thanks for the link. There seems to be a ton of boat in the 1999 to 2001 model year range. Must have been a boating boom then. Lots are sitting due to older 2 strokes. Would consider one to repower but theses prices semm out of line.

Is it just me or does the Pursuit cockpit gunnel walls short? Looks like you would fall right out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruisair 6k BTU mounted under V berth and Honda eu2000 genset on 2870. There are a couple of 2870s that have been for sale in the Orange Beach area for a while now. They are overpriced. Maybe they are ready to consider a lowball offer. My opinion is an 03 with 4 stroke power should go in the 65-80k range, depending on obvious reasons. This is a perfect family boat. Plenty of comfortable seating and easy for one man to handle himself while the young family enjoys the trip. I believe Legendary is the broker for one of those boats. They are pretty popular, so I would think a few of the brokers around there would have a listing or two.

By the way, these boats have plenty of freeboard. Must have been a funny camera angle or something.

Ok I sold my Grady CC. I need a boat. Need you guys opinion of what would fit me best. Used in the Gulf of Mexico for bottom fishing mainly and some trolling. Needs to double as a family cruiser. Have a 6 month old and the wife requires a built in head. No overnighting. Mainly day cruises. My requirements are 4 stoke twins and a high quality builder. Should I go CC or WA? Looking for something no bigger than 30'. Opinions?

This one fits the bill. But, she might be sold this weekend

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale/231...-beautiful.html

Just my opinion. Everyone I know that doesn't overnight with a walkaround wishes they had a cc. Sea sick, hot, humid, cramped, no 360 fishability, lack of deck space, lack of in deck storage, no breeze. If you don't sleep on it you do not need a w/a. Heck you could mount a bimini top and throw a kingsize blowup matress on the bow of a 34' CC for naps

This one fits the bill. But, she might be sold this weekend

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale/231...-beautiful.html

Just my opinion. Everyone I know that doesn't overnight with a walkaround wishes they had a cc. Sea sick, hot, humid, cramped, no 360 fishability, lack of deck space, lack of in deck storage, no breeze. If you don't sleep on it you do not need a w/a. Heck you could mount a bimini top and throw a kingsize blowup matress on the bow of a 34' CC for naps

What about when Nov., Dec., Feb., and March rolls around? You will freeze your ass off on those 40 degree mornings running a CC. Sure is nice to have full curtain set for cold and rain. Seems like a CC limits your fishing and boating season.

Hmmmm 9 days, 17 posts and back to square one?? :unsure::P

Offerd $70K on a Grady White Sailfish Monday and the owner is stuck on $73K He is going to let $3K stop him from selling the boat. I am fed up with these sellers who think there boats are worth more than they are. I am in the drivers seat as a buyer in this market and don't have to be in a hurry. I am buying a WA. Maybe someone will want to sell me there boat soon. The fall is coming and going to be a long winter. I am sure there will be some deals then. Thanks for you input and thoughtful reply.

Chet it is very funny to read your post. I have the same boat Grady222 and we have a 6 month old little boy. Now of course I'm on the site looking around at other boats same as you. I really like the Pursuit denali's but I doubt I will sell the Grady. I really love the fishability of the boat and have been having my boy nap on the bow cushion under this sunshade thing, it works but not the best. Please keep me posted on your hunt, my family will be following you as we are in the same boat haha