Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

2009 ICAST / MAATS PHOTOS

This product is great - I bought two packs a few months back at West Marine. The sales guy talked me into it when I was buying rope to redo my dock lines.

The EZ Splice was very easy to assemble and it looks very clean. I switched to black lines and got the EZ Splice's in black they look great and I was the first out of all my boating buddies to get them! I highly reccommend to anyone who does not want to buy pre-spliced rope or pay someone to come out to the dock.

Animo - I think you seem to be confused about the way this product is used as it is not meant to be pulled through an anchor windless.

I agree with you on the shortcut (or efficient as I like to call it in this economy) and have been very satisfied with the product. Like I said, I bought it at West Marine - they do a lot of research and testing on products before they agree to sell.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a great idea. As long as it will hold up and really open when needed. Salt water has a way with things. I know it would need to be washed off. I bet we try it out. It sure would help in storage. I think it is strong enough if you use it properly. I have seen to many people use a net wrong when lifting. I am wondering if it is big enough for us. I would have to see it to know. Size does matter.

Long known for their expertise in building watercraft, Hobie Cat introduces the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler fishing boat. Hobie has taken the defining feature used in their kayak line, the patented MirageDrive™ pedal system, and combined it with their proven boat-designing capabilities to build a first-in-class, no-gas required, 100-percent fishing machine…all at the affordable price of $2199, suggested retail. “The Pro Angler is small enough to let you access your favorite skinny water with unbelievable stability,” commented Hobie spokesperson and legendary bass fisherman, Hank Parker, “plus..it is large enough to provide plenty of room for multiple rods and tackle.”

The 13’ 8” long and Pro Angler is designed to facilitate the fishing experience for those who want the amenities of a large boat including stability and spacious storage combined with the user-friendly benefits of a smaller fishing boat such as light weight, maneuverability, and economic advantage. Anglers will be comfortable in all bodies of water, from narrow inland waterways to ocean coastlines. It also offers an affordable, human-powered, environmentally-friendly alternative to fishing from the shore. The Pro Angler boasts a weight capacity of over 600 pounds despite weighing in at only 138 pounds, fully rigged. The high quality, ergonomically-designed Cool Ride seat is wide, ventilated, and easily adjustable. The boat is both wide enough to allow ample freedom of movement and stable enough for anglers to stand up and cast, giving them the advantage of a better view of the water.