Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Can I just buy the Winch Drum and Strap for my Trailer?

You can get the strap, but just the drum, not so sure. Why not buy the whole deal? Not too pricey. Rust....who cares unless it's rotting the metal away. Buy the strap and install on your rusty drum.

194.gif

Because the rust roughs up the inner edges of the drum so bad it's hard to to get the strap around it evenly...

It's not a money thing, since the rest of it is fine, I was just wondering if it's possible that's all, if not I have no problem replacing the entire thing....

Thanks for the reply.

:605_thumbs_up:

Well after further research, I was able to get ahold of the Manufacturer, Shelby Industries in Kentucky, and they have the parts available to purchase, so I ordered them up, since the rest of the winch is in good shape...

They were about a third the price of a new winch...

:605_thumbs_up: