Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hydra-Sports Warranty Service

All of the vinyl on my boat (coaming pads, helm bolsters, etc.) have discolored and pretty muich fallen apart. In November, they were approved for replacement under warranty. They still not have shipped the complete set of hardware to the dealer. First it was the move to Tennessee, now, I am not sure what it is. Getting frustrated here!

• 2 weeks later...
All of the vinyl on my boat (coaming pads, helm bolsters, etc.) have discolored and pretty muich fallen apart. In November, they were approved for replacement under warranty. They still not have shipped the complete set of hardware to the dealer. First it was the move to Tennessee, now, I am not sure what it is. Getting frustrated here!

You must have a 2006. From what Ive been told... they are warrantying all of them. Talk to your dealer about getting approval for a local company to do it. They did that here for a customer one time. Might get shot down... but it cant hurt.

I am also a HS owner and had the same problem. About 3/4's of my new coaming pads were shipped this late spring. The balance are on back order, however the real reason you and everyone else are not receiving product from HS is because the parent company - insert GENMAR here - has filed for bankruptcy due to financing problems with their bank.

The court judge has ordered GENMAR and the bank to work out their differences, but as of yet they have not been resolved. Once they are "back in business" they will begin to fund things such as warranty items, etc...... this will take a long time.

So don't hold your breath for any resolution this year.......

Fin-

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, mine is a 2006. I have heard the same as well. Fin, I was worried about the bankruptcy issue and was not hopeful for a resolution this year. Yesterday though, I received a call from Jason Bragg in Tennessee, letting me know that all the parts were instock and that they have been shipped to omy dealer. What a pleasant surprise.