Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

intrepids

emudryj

That was the fealing I got from the 35 after being on my 32.

My fresh water intake is on the starboard side under a hatch just like the gas is on the other side. the older models I've seen 98,99 have it unnder the helm seat, not as pretty but functuional.

My boat gets 1.3, 1.4 mpg with my yamaha sws 250 2stroke, 28-29 gph at 4200 rpms, and aboat 38-40 mph.

Kerno

I agree with your access complaint I have no door to get into or out of the boat, I always jump over the transom, however I am not a diver.

The wiring is one of my favorite things on the boat everything is easy to locate and labeled. The hatches I always compare to other boats and they are great you can store stuff for a 2 week trip to the bahamas with no problem rather that having everything strapped down or flying around on deck.

Over all I love my boat, and I find it easy to work on.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things that do suck, the remote oil tank on 2 stroke engines are all the way in the back of the bilge area, to replavce the pump or the little oil filter I had to remove the entire hatch which is 6'x 2.5', a pain in the @$$.(specially if it gets clogged while your out on a trip)

4 stroke yamahas are a very tight fit, if your engines are up and you turn the wheel +_ 25% the engines rub the hull, my boat is in the water so sometimes the movement tilts my engines over. I think it was 03 or 04 when they redesigned to accomodate 4 strokes. I believe the zukes work though and definitely the etechs.

Something I will need to consider when it comes time to repower.

These are just 2 things I would change(intrepid did in the new model).

THe ones I looked at were all center consoles, so my wiring access concerns may be limited to the consoles. But I just did not see a good way to access the back of the instruments and electronics. My last 3 boats all had large removable panels which exposed the entire backside of the console. That makes things like autopilot installations a lot easier.

All good info, thanks. While it looks like the 32 Intrepid is still on the top of my list for early next year I am not dead set on it.

Here are my "must haves"

32+ feet

cuddy cabin (but no walk around types as I will need to have the arch fold to go under low bridges)

Room for A/C and on board generator...this is the most important thing.

I have been looking at the Marlin 35 as it has all of these things but I hate the way so much of the boat is used by the euro transom.

There are a few others such as the Dakota, Concept, Scarab (new style) ect..

Any others that fit that description?

Kerno:

I concur with you on the console access. that was one of the main reasons why I went with the contender console when I did my Scarab. BIG, TALL and OPEN.

But on the 356 that I looked at yesterday, it had a big door on the front lower part of the console right in front of the helm seat.

I peak inside the console and there was TONS of space for stuff. the access to it will be tricky because you basically will have to lay on your back, slide in the console and then sit. uncomfortable? yes, but it looked very possible.

I wonder if a door could be cut on the front of the console to access the electronics easier. If I remember correctly theres only some cooler under the seat and thats it.....

We are mainly, cruisers... then ammateur divers, and ocasionally we fish... what I'm trying to say is that we are closer to spill chocolate milk on the deck than any fish blood!!!!!!!! :2261_high::2261_high::2261_high::239_fishing::239_fishing:

Closer to the barbie or sponge bob rod/reel combo than the Penn Senator :2261_high::2261_high:

All good info, thanks. While it looks like the 32 Intrepid is still on the top of my list for early next year I am not dead set on it.

Here are my "must haves"

32+ feet

cuddy cabin (but no walk around types as I will need to have the arch fold to go under low bridges)

Room for A/C and on board generator...this is the most important thing.

I have been looking at the Marlin 35 as it has all of these things but I hate the way so much of the boat is used by the euro transom.

There are a few others such as the Dakota, Concept, Scarab (new style) ect..

Any others that fit that description?

I heard very bad things about the Concepts construction quality, but no personal experience so do not quote my on that one.

Yeah I'm not likely to buy a Concept, but I like the use of the bracket for the engines like the Scarabs do.

The Jupiter is also a very nce boat, I will have to check them out too. Midnight only makes a 39 and that is way to big. I need a twin engine boat between 32 and 35'.

I am not buying until sometime early to mid 2010 so I will have to go to the boat shows and really look at boats instead of looking at chicks and drinking beer all day. LOL

Yeah, some boats have the dive door, but as a diver, I am really not impressed by a door that relies on nylon line to keep it in place while 300 pounds of diver and gear perches on it in a pitching sea.

...The thing that bothers me the most is the wiring. It is very well done from the factory, but once the boat is assembled, there is almost no access to the wiring in the console area. If you want to chage electronics or find a short, you better have long arms and tough fingers. Just for the heck of it, look at what it would take to replace a steering hose.

The tensile strength of 3/8" nylon line is over 2500#.

Also, all intrepids are wired AFTER the hull and deck are put together. There are two 4" PVC conduits running from all the way aft on my boat, right up to the bow, with breaks at the halfway point.

My main objection to the nylon line is not that it will break, but that it also serves as the "bannister rail" for the ladder as you board. If the boat is pitching, the line can go slack, which is not a good thing when you are off balance and have a lot of weight high on your back.