Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The Ethanol Battle in North Carolina has Begun

The North Carolina Off Road Fuel Coalition (NCORFC) is a grass roots organization made up of NC citizens that have a mission. That mission is to educate NC citizens about Ethanol Blended fuels and to make some changes in NC law as pertains to the: sale of, distribution of, labeling of, and regulation of Ethanol Blended fuels.

The Founding Fathers of the NCORFC are the same folks that helped with House Bill 2167 in 2008. This group made history in NC by overwhelmingly overturning Governor Mike Easley's VETO of the bill. Now, they are at work again for the citizens of NC.

The NCORFC's number one goal is to have distributors provide "off road fuel." This "off road fuel" will be non-Ethanol Blended fuel. The NCORFC also wants to ensure that marinas are never forced to sell Ethanol Blended fuels. The NCORFC wants all pumps in NC labeled with Ethanol Blend they are selling, and the State to put regulations in place to randomly test the Ethanol Blend that is being sold.

Does the NCORFC think this can happen? YES.

It seems Ethanol Blended fuels first showed up in Eastern NC, where most boaters are, figure that one out.

NC citizens are being hammered with repair bills and many are ready and willing to support NCORFC. Class Action Lawsuits may be on the horizon.

Stay tuned.

Guys and gals, I have finished the code for the NCORFC site and Capt Dave Tilley is working on getting it posted up on FryingPanTower.com

That's right, Capt Dave is providing the horsepower and bandwidth that the NCORFC needs to spread the word and fight the good fight.

The site is packed with info and tools to help educate NC Citizens about Ethanol Blended Fuels and their short comings in an off road environment. The site will be our main weapon in the battle we face.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out folks. In NC, we don't know what we are buying and the blend is NOT REGULATED or TESTED by ANY STATE FIRM.

More and more small engine mfgs are having to insert warranty verbiage such as this, just to protect themselves from thepoor fuel being provided to the consumer.

This ain't propanes, IT IS FACTUAL.

Echo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks......IT IS TIME TO UNITE !!!!

Please pass the word about the NCORFC website to everyone you know.

We also need to get non-boating folks that have and are being effected by Ethanol involved, so if you know someone, please inform them of the NCORFC!!

We are gearing up to publish our first Form Letter August 31.

It will take time and lots of work folks, but we all know it is desperately needed.

HOTSPOT

• 2 weeks later...

We have published some compelling stories and posted a ton of links about Ethanol on the NCORFC website.

If you would like to tell your story, please email it to me: hotspot@bogueinletnc.com

If you know of a station that does not sell Ethanol, please enter it on the site. Please be sure you data is accurate.

Thanks folks.

HOTSPOT - Do we have to wait another month before we, as a group start fighting this? Yes, I've had problems also due to ethanol, but nothing compared to some. I'm just waiting for it to create problems with my current boat. If it does, thats not gonna be a bill that I want to see. What as a group can we do NOW? Thanks