Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

amphibious...

Whenever I see similar pictures, I asked myself what would happen of me if I was there on my boat instead of the rocks... That happened just tonight in the North side of my Island (North Sardinia, La Maddalena Archipelago)... 75 ft, 2k hp, 2009, russian owner, newzealand crew...

695-1245254620.jpg

How the hell does that happen? We aren't talking about a rock jetty that is just below the surface at high tide, thats a freakin mountain! With all the navigation equipment that rig probably has?

One thing is for sure, no common sense here. If you don't know the waters like the back of your hand then its idle speed with a search light.

The only reasonable excuse I could understand is if there was a major propulsion malfunction and putting it on the rocks was the only way to stop it.

There was a similar incedent that happened in Miami last year. It was a 65'+ sport yacht like that and it was run up on the rock jetty at 2am. This one was easy to solve. One of the dock hands at a local yacht broker took his buddies out for a late night booze cruise....without permission from the boss or the actual owner of the boat.