Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lee Miami Riggers (Lee's Tackle)

i bought a boat with lee riggers onboard. i've called over to lee 2 or three times in the last few months. so far, every single time ive called with a simple question or to buy a part they've treated me like a complete a-hole.. maybe i'm coincidentally getting the same guy that just absolutely sucks at life in general or maybe they are all just constantly pissed off. either way, i'll never own another boat with their riggers, not because of the quality, but because of the impression i've gained from there representative/s. the latest occurrence happened a few days ago, and i'm still completely disgusted......

anyone else have good/bad experience with them?

Yet to receive ANY type of reply or follow-up from Lee even though they seem to have a dedicated area for internet inquiries.

Not that they owe any response but it sure would have benefitted them had they addressed the issue.

Ben

I think you just met Steve, I think is his name. Your comments have been heard before, I have dealt with him and found him gruff, pissy and extremely knowledgeable. If you have an issue, call and speak to Brian Lee and mention that his guy needs a tune up.

I broke two outriggers during the hurricanes in the Bahamas and 'ole grouchy Steve sent me the stuff for repair in two days, I didn't even get the description of the problem out and he told me what I needed. He's grouchy, but usually right, I hate that!

Ben

I think you just met Steve, I think is his name. Your comments have been heard before, I have dealt with him and found him gruff, pissy and extremely knowledgeable. If you have an issue, call and speak to Brian Lee and mention that his guy needs a tune up.

I broke two outriggers during the hurricanes in the Bahamas and 'ole grouchy Steve sent me the stuff for repair in two days, I didn't even get the description of the problem out and he told me what I needed. He's grouchy, but usually right, I hate that!

I use to deal with them, yes you have met Steve, he has been like that for years.......... try going via internet, maybe a way to avoid him....

I use to deal with them, yes you have met Steve, he has been like that for years.......... try going via internet, maybe a way to avoid him....

I was in their shop about three years ago and Steve was grouchy to start with. I let him keep talking and he eventually came around. Agree that he is very knowledgeable but his "people skills" need an overhaul.

Jorge

I too must have met Steve. I called a few weeks ago after buying a used set of Lee skiffs and had a install question. He gave me the right answers but it was like I was the dumbest one in the class. My experience, you asked. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

I disagree with all of you enabling this prick. I say to all of you, including Wiley, go to the CEO and tell him/her of these bad manners. In this day of extreme competition in this rough economy, if one of my employees ever treated a customer like this guy Steve, I would have called him in the office and given him his last payday. You will never be treated this way at Rupp Marine, Stuart. You can walk in the shop, chat with the guys that make the stuff and they will hook you up with whatever you need on the spot. My personal experience and I don't work for them.