Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

reviled for switching from THT

I posted a very short note on THT saying that I was moving over here and now there are three pages of responses. The gist of all of them is something along the lines of, 'see ya a-hole'. This is exactly why I had to quit posting over there.

Welcome to ReelBoating..... a-hole.

:D

I won't get into an us vs them but the gist from many product vendors I spoke to at the recent boat shows was "they read THaT other forum but choose not to participate there any more."

Not to worry, you'll receive much more benefit here. You're better off without that type of attitude around you and at the risk of not having an additional 10,000 members I'd rather not have it here. Sometimes a fresh start is good.

Again - WELCOME, friend!

:605_thumbs_up:

Yeah, I've been following your thread over there. Definitely some very unwarranted comments. I was going to post on your behalf but I try to stay out of shouting matches and focus more on constructive boating issues. Hopefully, that is what RB will be about.

I posted a very short note on THT saying that I was moving over here and now there are three pages of responses. The gist of all of them is something along the lines of, 'see ya a-hole'. This is exactly why I had to quit posting over there.

Hello from a split a-hole (still half on THT :1143_neener_neener_neener: )

I think Davidkuhlmann said it best on THT. You CAN read more than one forum. What's the big deal? Anyway, I'm back and forth. I don't post much on either one.

Everyone should take these forums for what they're worth.

The ability to remain anonymous on the internet can bring out the worst in some people.

The internet and how people use it has changed drastically over the years. I expect members to belong to a variety of forums these days and will actually be working together with other brand-specific boat forums in promotions, link exchanges.

The benefit here will be how I interact with product vendors. I have yet to even implement the programs as I am working on building the membership and will already be performing a software upgrade. Many product vendors will stick with their "butter" at THT but many will also support ReelBoating. Welcoming new vendors will give us a great opportunity to build relationships with new, eager, companies. Those vendors who stick with the "numbers" may eventually suffer once ReelBoating's popularity grows.

Note on the THT numbers - about 50,000 of the registered members recorded there since 2001 are no longer valid. Request IB do a cleanup of their non-posting or bogus member list THEN check the numbers

Those that still freak out over the sale will always carry that grudge. I believe in fresh starts. The days of selling web forums has passed. I can't see where purchasing them is profitable and doubt we'll see another company buying spree like IB did ever again.

Let the Wiley haters on THT have their fun . Great things ahead on ReelBoating - here's to looking forward!

I think everyone must be realistic, if the "other" forum would have stayed the course and all improvements would have been for the better, most people may have stuck arround. But if administrators leave the door open and make very unpopular changes....Sites should have a mix of information and entertainment, the real value is in those two ingredients. Many posters do not dare to post any questions or opinions out of fear of being bullied off the internet. If a guy who proudly owns a Bayliner doesn't dare to post his question, you know you are in trouble as administrator because those guys represent a big number of visitors and $$$.