Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Cape Coral

I currently live in Jersey and we are contemplating a move to Cape Coral Florida. We will be

going to Cape Coral during the week of 6-14-09 and was wondering about the following:

1.) How's the fishing (salt water)?

2.) Recommendations on a Marina and slip availablity (I want it in a slip as I will be fishing

practically every day. (I own a 22' center console).

3.) Fish species, etc, reg's and limits.

I would like to visit one or two recommended marinas while there next week.

Any info will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kapsix

Here is a link to the regulations - http://www.myfwc.com/RULESANDREGS/SaltwaterRules_index.htm

I saw in the paper recently that SW Fla was one of the most under valued real estate markets now, quite a change from a couple of years ago! I wouldn't limit yourself to just Cape Coral. Anywhere from Tampa Bay south to Naples is pretty much the same.

Here is a link to the regulations - http://www.myfwc.com/RULESANDREGS/SaltwaterRules_index.htm

I saw in the paper recently that SW Fla was one of the most under valued real estate markets now, quite a change from a couple of years ago! I wouldn't limit yourself to just Cape Coral. Anywhere from Tampa Bay south to Naples is pretty much the same.

Thanks a million for the information, Naples is being considered as well. Can you give advice on the local marinas?

Thanks'

Rick (Kap-Six)

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting article on Cape Coral in Sunday's St.Pete Times -

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/w...icle1011745.ece

Jup31 Go Fish,

Just returned and hopefully bought a house (At least it's under contract). While I was

there a gentleman and lady told me that they saw a monitor crossing the highway

(I think they said rte 41). A Jersey boy don't anything about monitors, but what the hey!

That is some article you sent me. Really opens one's eye's. BTY there are burrowing owls about

two or three lots from the house we contracted, man are they cute! My cousin took us to Cape

Coral beach, not for fun but to see the wildlife, there are flocks of green parrots all over the place.

Talk about exotic!

Best regards, and thanks for all the information!

Rick (Kap-Six) <BTY 'Kap-Six' is the name of my 22ft CC> if you see it down there just wave!!!

• 4 weeks later...

If you like inshore fishing Cape Coral and the surrounding area is the place. Snook and Redfish are great and the sunsets are even better. There is good offshore bottom fishing but you have to run quite a distance. I have a place on the water for rent/sale if you are interested in checking out the area.

If you like inshore fishing Cape Coral and the surrounding area is the place. Snook and Redfish are great and the sunsets are even better. There is good offshore bottom fishing but you have to run quite a distance. I have a place on the water for rent/sale if you are interested in checking out the area.

Thanks again for all the info! We are getting closer to close on the house. Just waiting for one more little hic-cup

to pass. With any luck, we'll be leaving Joisey (BTY Joisey is the correct spelling) in a month or so.

Hope to meet/see you guys in Cape Coral.

Rick (Kap-Six)