Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hey Wiley - Where's all the STUFF?!

Those who know me we're probably expecting a ton of content already posted here on ReelBoating when it opened. Actually there are a couple of reasons I've decided to have a soft-start to the new forum and not fill it up with a zillion features yet. Here's why.

Firstly, I fully honored and respected my no-compete clause, even going as far as not mass-informing vendors or others that I had a new forum planned to open. Sure, a few people suspected that it was inevitable, but I didn't broadcast it.

Now that the chains are off the Power Buys, Get-togethers and giveaways etc will soon follow.

Secondly, I will NOT be using vBulletin software. The software I am using for ReelBoating (IPB) is the next best thing. However, IPB has a 100% totally new version of this forum software ready to roll out in the next few months so rather than doctor it all up right now I am going to stick with the basic modifications until that time.

Your posts, articles, photos etc WILL carry over to the new forum layout so please post away as usual.

Lastly, I want us all to build this forum together. Yes, I have a bucket full of ideas and plans, but we'll roll them out over the next few weeks.

Enjoy!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic